Sunday, January 20, 2008

somewhere out there

last time i talked to you
I was lonely and out of place
you were looking down on me
lost out in space
laid underneath the stars
strung out and feeling brave
watch the red-orange glow
watch me float away

down here in the atmosphere
garbage and city lights
gotta save my tired soul
gotta save our lives
turn on the radio
to find you on satellite
waiting for the sky to fall
waiting for a sign

hope you remember me
when we're homesick and need a change
i miss your dark black hair
i miss the way you taste
i know you'd come back some day
on a bed of nails i wait
I pray that I wont burn out
or you fade away

and all we are
is oh so far

youre falling back to me
the star that i can't see
but i know your out there
somewhere out there
Im falling out of reach
defying gravity
but i know youre out there
somewhere out there
coming back to me.